What is Play Therapy?
This class is designed to give mental health professionals who desire to become Registered Play Therapists an overview of Play Therapy. Included are the requirements for becoming a Registered Play Therapist. Objectives: At the conclusion of this class the participants will be able to demonstrate by large group discussion an understanding of:
1. Requirements for becoming a Registered Play Therapist
2. Principals of working with children in Play Therapy
3. Historical aspects of Play Therapy
4. The importance and value of play as it relates to Play Therapy
5. Logistical aspects of Play Therapy
6. Tracking in Play Therapy Assignment: Read Virginia Aline's book Play Therapy.
Write a 4 page reflection paper, including how this information might be used in your work setting. Due date remains the same. The paper is due March 7, 2016. Email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.