Registered Play Therapist Certification Series
DePelchin is certifitied to provide continuining education hours through the Association for Play Therapy. DePelchin offers you the opportunity to complete all 150 hours required to become a Registered Play Therapist (RPT) through a 15 course series throughout the year.
Each session begins at 9:00am and ends at 5:00pm. All courses are held at DePelchin's Main Campus, located at 4950 Memorial Dr. Houston, TX 77007.
CEUs are provided for LMFT, LPC and Social Workers. The course is taught by Pam Schubert, MA, LPC-S, RPT-S and Cindy Hammonds, MA, LPC-S, RPT-S.
- The full 15 course series (150 hours) is $2,000 ($130/session). 150 is required to become certified.
- Individual courses are $160/ each (i.e. if you are already a RPT and need CEUs you can drop into a session, or if you just want more information about Play Therapy).
- Students can attend individual sessions at the $130 rate.
Mental health agencies, schools, hospitals, and private practitioners have utilized Play Therapy as a primary intervention or as supportive therapy for:
- Behavioral problems, such as anger management, grief and loss, divorce and abandonment, and crisis and trauma.
- Behavioral disorders, such as anxiety, depression, attention deficit hyperactivity (ADHD), autism or pervasive developmental, academic and social developmental, physical and learning disabilities, and conduct disorders.
Research suggests Play Therapy is an effective mental health approach, regardless of age, gender, or the nature of the problem, and works best when a parent, family member, or caretaker is actively involved in the treatment process.