Comerica Bank Sponsors Thanksgiving Art Contest for DePelchin
HOUSTON (October 12, 2015) - Comerica Bank is sponsoring its third annual Thanksgiving Art Contest benefitting children currently served by Houston-based non-profit, DePelchin Children’s Center. The contest, gives children ages 18 and under the opportunity to win seed money in a protected savings account for creating a drawing or painting depicting “what they’re most thankful for this year,” along with a 100-word description. Prizes in the contest include $500 savings accounts for the top 12 finalists and an additional $500 for the grand prize winner in each of the four age groups. The public voting period for the contest will take place through Facebook at www.comerica.com/ThanksgivingArtContest between October 12 and October 30, 2015.
“The upcoming holiday season can be a challenging time for some children, especially those recently adopted, currently in the foster system or dealing with mental health issues. So, we formed a partnership with DePelchin Children’s Center to give these kids a fun, creative way to express what they’re thankful for, and in the process, give them a chance to earn a headstart on saving for the future,” said J. Downey Bridgwater, Comerica’s Houston Market President. “We’re encouraging the community to vote in this contest and give these children an extra reason to be thankful this Thanksgiving.”
Here’s how the contest works:
• Children 18 and under currently served by DePelchin Children’s Center have been asked to submit a drawing or painting, along with a 100-word description, depicting “what they’re most thankful for this year.”
• A local panel of judges narrowed down the entries to three finalists in each of four age groups.
• A Facebook voting gallery displaying the 12 finalist entries was launched on October 12 at www.comerica.com/ThanksgivingArtContest). The public voting period will run through October 30 and any Facebook users across Texas will be able to vote once daily in each of the four ages groups (6 & under, 7-10, 11-14, 15-18).
• The 12 finalists and their families will be invited to Comerica’s Annual Thanksgiving Reception in Houston on November 5, where the grand prize winners in each age group will be announced.
Individuals are encouraged to do the follwoing during the voting period:
1) Visit www.comerica.com/ThanksgivingArtContest and login to facebook when prompted to be taken to the page
2) Visit www.facebook.com/comericacares and like Comerica’s facebook page to receive daily updates, share posts
3) Visit www.facebook.com/depelchin and like DePelchin’s facebook page to receive daily updates, share posts